Medical, dental, vision and 401K after 60 days
Furniture Repair Technician
Working in our Equipment Prep Department, the Furniture Repair Technician is responsible for revitalizing and restoring damaged, worn, or used furniture to a beautiful finish.
At Event Source, our associates are more than promoters of our exceptional products & service. They are important assets to our business; individuals who care and keep our company standards. With our training, development and benefits, there are real opportunities for your future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing all parts of the finishing process: prep, staining, priming, painting, sealing, scuffing, top coating, and etc.
- Apply finish materials to surfaces using brushes, rollers, spray guns and etc.
- Repair and replace parts of damaged furniture.
Wood repairs: including but not limited to filing, coloring, gluing and other repairs necessary to restore product to original condition.
Leather/Vinyl furniture repairs: including but not limited to rips and tears, sewing, and other repairs necessary to restore product to original condition.
Upholstered furniture repairs: including but not limited to fabric, sewing, and other repairs necessary to restore product to original condition.
- Meeting production standards set by the manager.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Quality control/inspection checks to make sure items meet company standards.
- Maintain rental equipment/items to meet company standards.
- Promote and adhere to the company's Core Values: C.A.R.T. (Consistency, Adaptability, Reliability, Teamwork).
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Most work is performed in a warehouse setting, in which some work areas may not be heated or air-conditioned.
- May have some outdoor exposure during the workday.
- Hot and cold extremes may occur in the warehouse.
- Frequently operating equipment with potential hazards. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required.
- There is exposure to paints, stains, chemical coats, detergents, bleaches, and cleaning chemicals.
- Repetitive bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Shift time: 7:30am – 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- Evenings/ weekends depending on workload.
- Possible overtime hours during the peak season.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and previous experience required.
Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and manages time effectively.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - sitting, standing and lifting up to 8 hours a day in a warehouse environment.
Regularly and repeatedly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Must be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Must pass company background check and drug screen.