Delivery Service Representative Helper
Medical, dental, vision and 401K after 60 days
The Delivery Service Representative (DSR) Helper is responsible for assisting DSRs with loading and unloading vehicles/trucks and delivering/picking up equipment in full or partial loads. The DSR Helper may also be required to interact with customers while setting up and breaking down equipment/products at various venues. Most routes are the same day.
At Event Source, our associates are more than promoters of our exceptional products & service. They are important assets to our business; individuals who care and keep our company standards. With our training, development, and benefits, there are real opportunities for your future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service and labor while working as part of a team to ensure that our events are handled professionally from start to finish.
- Work closely with our sales and warehouse staff to make sure our equipment is handled properly, and orders are completed correctly.
- Quality control/inspection checks to make sure items meet company standards.
- Willing and able to operate carts, dollies, tow motors, pallet jacks, and other moving equipment as needed to move product.
- Communicates and adheres to routes set up by Transportation Supervisor to meet company and customer expectations.
- Will help out in the warehouse as needed when not making deliveries.
- Promote and adhere to the company's Core Values: C.A.R.T. (Consistency, Adaptability, Reliability, Teamwork).
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be willing to work inside and outside in various locations and weather conditions.
- Frequently operating equipment with potential hazards. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required.
- Box trucks have powered lift gates.
- Repetitive bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items.
- Monday – Friday and weekends as needed.
- Must be flexible as hours can range from early morning to late evening.
- Possible overtime hours during the busy season.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in the English language (both written and verbal) is required. Professionalism is a must as our service and rental equipment is used for many types of events at various venues.
- Tow motor and pallet jack experience is a plus but will train.
- General knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Communicate effectively with internal company team members and clients while maintaining standards of professionalism and courtesy.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - sitting, standing, and lifting up to 14 hours a day.
- Regularly and repeatedly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Willingness to be cross-trained and work in other departments.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must complete a 5-minute Behavioral Assessment through the Predictive Index.
- Must pass a company background check and drug screen
Benefits / Perks:
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401k after 60 days.
- Employee rental discount.
- Referral program.
- 96 hours of PTO annually (prorated based on hire date).