CDL Class-A Delivery Service Representative
$2,500 Sign-on Bonus
Medical, dental, vision and 401K after 60 days
Average pay $70,000 per year
*Bonus Contingent on company new hire bonus policy.
The CDL Class-A Delivery Service Representative (DSR) is responsible for making multi-stop deliveries and pickups to corporate and residential customers in the markets we serve. You will load and unload furniture-type items in vehicles/trucks and deliver/pick up equipment in full or partial loads. The DSR may also be required to interact with customers while setting up and breaking down equipment/products at various venues. You will also act as the company’s back-up CDL Class-A Driver. You will be operating a 26’ box truck approximately 80% of the time, while the other 20% will be spent utilizing your CDL Class A license.
At Event Source, our associates are more than promoters of our exceptional products & service. They are important assets to our business; individuals who care and keep our company standards. With our training, development, and benefits, there are real opportunities for your future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will operate various-sized vehicles including Sprinters, 26’ box trucks, and 53’ tractor-trailers in city and rural areas.
- Provide excellent customer service and on-time deliveries while working as part of a team to ensure that our events are handled professionally from start to finish.
- Work closely with other team members to make sure our equipment is handled properly, and orders are completed correctly.
- Quality control/inspection checks to make sure items meet company standards.
- Able to operate carts, dollies, tow motors, pallet jacks, and other moving equipment as needed to move product.
- Load/unload product onto truck/trailer and ensure the product is appropriately locked/secured.
- Communicates and adheres to routes set up by Transportation Supervisors to meet company and customer expectations.
- Follows Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) procedures/regulations.
- Promote and adhere to the company's Core Values: C.A.R.T. (Consistency, Adaptability, Reliability, Teamwork).
- Keep track of HOS (Hours of Service).
- Provide truck driver training for new DSRs.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be willing to work inside and outside in various locations and weather conditions.
- Frequently operating equipment with potential hazards. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required.
- Box trucks have lift gates.
- Repetitive bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items.
- Monday – Friday.
- Must be flexible as hours (start and end times) can range from early morning to late evening.
- Must be available to work 2-3 weekends a month.
- Most routes are on the same day but must be willing to be on the road multiple nights a week (with notice) as needed.
- Possible overtime hours during the busy season.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid CDL Class-A driver’s license with a clean driving record (less than 4 points) over the past 3 years.
- Professionalism is a must as our service and rental equipment is used for many types of events at various venues.
- Tow motor and pallet jack experience is a plus but will train.
- General knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members and clients while maintaining standards of professionalism and courtesy.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - sitting, standing, and lifting up to 14 hours a day.
- Regularly and repeatedly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Willingness to be cross-trained and work in other departments.
- Exhibits ability to read and interpret orders.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must complete a 5-minute Behavioral Assessment through the Predictive Index.
- Must pass a company background check, drug screen, and DOT physical.
Pay & Benefits:
- At least $25 an hour plus overtime.
- Our Delivery Service Representatives earn an average of $70,000 per year.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k after 60 days.
- Team Member rental discount.
- Referral program.
- 96 hours of PTO annually (prorated based on hire date).