Warewashing Packaging Team Member
*Pay: At least $15 an hour plus overtime
Medical, dental, vision and 401K after 60 days
The Warewashing Packaging Team Member is responsible for inspection of quality and cleanliness on items such as glassware, flatware, dishes, etc. Must be able to identify minor flaws in quality and minor differences in styles. Must be able to consistently count to 10 for packaging purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meeting production standards set by the manager.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Quality control/inspection checks to make sure items meet company standards.
• Carefully and skillfully operate packaging equipment to properly package items.
• Polish, pack, and wrap cooking utensils, glasses and flatware.
• Willing and able to operate carts, dollies, tow motors, pallet jacks, and other moving equipment as needed to move products throughout our warehouse.
• Pull, sort, pack and place equipment/items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to company standards.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• Most work is performed in a warehouse setting, in which some work areas may not be heated or air-conditioned.
• May have some outdoor exposure during the workday.
• Hot and cold extremes may occur in the warehouse.
• Clothing may get wet when operating a dish washing machine and/or moving equipment/items in the Warewashing Department.
• Frequently operating equipment with potential hazards. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required.
• There is exposure to detergents, bleaches, and cleaning chemicals.
• Repetitive bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Shift time: 7:30am – 4:00pm.
• Possible Evenings/ Weekends depending on workload
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Tow motor and pallet jack experience is a plus but will train.
• General knowledge of basic math skills; fractions, percentages, and ratios.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and manages time effectively.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - sitting, standing, and lifting up to 12 hours a day in a warehouse environment.
• Regularly and repeatedly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Willingness to be cross-trained in other areas/departments.
• Must be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must pass a company background check and drug screen
Our online application is quick and easy to complete. We look forward to hearing from you!
*All candidates will be asked to complete a 5-minute Behavioral Assessment through the Predictive Index and will be subjected to background checks and pre-employment drug screens.